[jboss-dev] Re: Maven weirdness: cannot find maven-dependency-plugin

Paul Gier pgier at redhat.com
Thu Apr 24 11:04:33 EDT 2008

I think this is fixed now.  I just removed the metadata in our repository that
must have had some conflict with the metadata in the central repo.  For now, it
looks like when we check in stuff from the central repo we should just ignore
the metadata files.  I'm going to make a note of this on the wiki.

Maven 2.0.9 seemed to handle it ok, so I think this is a bug that has been fixed
recently, although looking through jira I didn't see anything that looked
exactly like this issue.  Maybe it was this one
(http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3415)

As a longer term solution, I'm working with Bob (of jboss.org) to set up a maven
repository manager/proxy that we can use to save a copy of everything our builds
use from the central repository.  This should allow us to use stuff from the
central repository without having to manually upload a copy to our repository.