[jboss-dev] jboss-beans.xml versus spring-beans.xml

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Fri Aug 1 12:10:52 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 10:46 -0500, David M. Lloyd wrote:
> On 08/01/2008 09:25 AM, Adrian Brock wrote:
> > We could just allow FileMatchers to be injected
> > into the parsing deployers (as Ales suggested to me).
> > That way somebody could change the matching rules to whatever they want.
> > But it smells to me like YAGNI. :-)
>
> That seems kinda like overkill yeah; I think that the basic suffix rule is
> just fine, just that the logic should be adjusted so that longer suffixes
> are tried before shorter ones (that'd be a more obvious/predictable
> behavior in my opinion).  If I miraculously get some free time in the near
> future I'll poke at it some more...

That isn't how it works. If two deployers match the file name
then they both process it. In this case it is irrelevant because
there is no jboss deployer that looks for spring-beans.xml
that is done by the Spring war context initializer.

The equivalent to what you want is anything that matches -beans.xml
but doesn't match spring-beans.xml

But again, even then it doesn't solve the problem since
they don't have to call it spring-beans.xml

That's why I changed the suffix to jboss-beans.xml

Of course it might still fail if somebody has configured there
context initializer to look for my-spring-jboss-beans.xml :-)

But like I said originally. WEB-INF/classes NOT WEB-INF
is the correct place for this file anyway, so we're
trying to solve a perceived problem because of bad
practice rather than a real bug.