[jboss-dev] MBeanConfigurator service in varia

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Wed Aug 13 11:58:24 EDT 2008

I found this service buried in the guts of varia:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/MbeanConfigurator

Basically listens for JMX notifications of bean registrations and calls
the legacy ServiceBindingManager mbean. Which, due to my work on
JBAS-5192 no longer exists; a new version exists that doesn't expose the
functionality this MBeanConfigurator wants [1].

I can't see any point to this service; AFAICT all it does is use a
listener to invoke the same operation that the regular mbean service
deployment logic would have called anyway.

If anyone sees any point to this that I'm missing, please let me know.
Otherwise I plan to get rid of it. To continue to support this, I'll
have to repackage the new SBM implementation and restore the legacy SBM
as an optional service that we don't include in any standard config.
Waste of a day.

[1] http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/AS5ServiceBindingManager

--
Brian Stansberry