[jboss-dev] AS trunk freeze

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Thu Dec 4 05:18:24 EST 2008

Ok, here is the new branch:
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/branches/Branch_5_0/

I have modified all the hudson JBossAS-5.0.x runs to point to the new branch, instead of
trunk. Obviously, new JBossAS-5.1.x runs will have to be created in hudson to point back to
trunk.

Please note that Branch_5_0 is still frozen until the AS 5.0.0.GA release is tagged. There
are some final documentation and QA tasks to perform. If you want particular points to be
highlighted in the release notes, send me a note.

Following the popular vote trunk now targets the next minor release AS 5.1.0.Beta1
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS.

Just to remind you that a new minor release according to our product version conventions
signifies minor feature changes or additions, so don't get carried away too much with your
changes:
http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-10725

Finally, I took the liberty to name this new minor release "The Oracle", as a continuation
of the Matrix saga, a prelude to the prophecy of what's coming with AS6 and a reminder of my
home town near the ancient Oracle of Delphi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delphi

Cheers
/Dimitris