[jboss-dev] JBAS-6280, docs refresh

Scott Stark sstark at redhat.com
Mon Dec 8 16:29:17 EST 2008

The community docs under:
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/docs/community/5/

were in some incomplete state where some uber resolved.xml document was
one giant doocbook book. There were several other docbook files that
were comprising the same book, something Samson apparently started but
did not complete. He has left, so I'm working on getting the docs to a
known state. I have completed a restructuring where the
Installation_And_Getting_Started_Guide.xml is the root book that imports
the various chapters from the others, and have made this the source for
the jdocbook target. There still is a lot of updating to do. The current
docbook files are:

[656][valkyrie: en-US]$ ls
About_the_Example_Applications.xml
Appendix1.xml
Appendix2.xml
Author_Group.xml
EJB3_Caveats.xml
Getting_Started.xml
Installation_Alternatives.xml
Installation_And_Getting_Started_Guide.xml - the book root xml file
Installation_Using_Graphical_Installer.xml
Installation_With_Binary_Download.xml
Installation_With_RHN.xml
Installation_With_Source_Download.xml
Preface.xml
Sample_JSF_EJB3_Application.xml
Server_Configurations.xml - Overview of the server structure and files
in the configuration.
Setting_JBOSS_HOME.xml
Start_Stop_Server.xml
Test_Your_Installation.xml
The_JBoss_Server_A_Quick_Tour.xml
Uninstall_JBoss.xml
Using_Other_Databases.xml
Using_Seam.xml
not-used-resolved.xml - old resolved.xml, to be deleted once I'm sure
the sections are in sync.

One problem I'm seeing with the pdf generation is that large tables are
not split across pages, so the table just runs off the page into
nowhere. Anyone know what can be done about that?