[jboss-dev] Information on JBoss micro-projects and AS modules

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Wed Dec 10 18:22:34 EST 2008

As discussed at
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=146807 I've
created a wiki page intended to provide information about the many
"micro-projects" that we've created in the last couple years,
particularly during all the refactorings related to AS 5.

https://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-13195

I've seeded it with information about the JBoss Common and AS Clustering
projects. If you're knowledgeable about a particular project, please
chip in and add an entry for it. Or just send me the intended usage info
for the project and I can add it. The goal is to:

1) encourage code reuse by providing a quick reference as to what
libraries are already available that may solve a given problem.
2) help engineers working on projects that consume some of these
projects to understand the design intent behind the project.

I also created a page with information about the various modules that
make up the JBoss AS source tree. At this point this page isn't
particularly useful. Not all modules have explanatory info; just those
whose exact design intent I totally understood/could express or those
that seemed simple enough for me to guess. :-) The ones without
explanatory info are also the ones where some design explanation would
be most helpful; again please pitch in and add whatever you can.

http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-13196

Perhaps the thinking about the intent of these AS modules will prove
helpful in the refactorings that will eventually be needed for embedded.

--
Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering
brian.stansberry at redhat.com