[jboss-dev] AOP and dependencies on jbossall-client.jar

Clebert Suconic csuconic at redhat.com
Tue Feb 5 11:27:27 EST 2008

I believe this is an old issue, as I remember already seeing some thread
about this some time ago. (2 years maybe... man.. that seems yesterday :-) )

But now that JBossMessaging is part of JBoss 5 Betas, and JBoss EAP 4.3,
this is becoming more relevant for our users.

Since JBoss Messaging 1.4 is using AOP on both client and server, users
can't just use jboss-allclient.jar on their classpath. They also have to
include all the AOP dependencies (like javassist, aop itself and trove),
so the jbossall-client.jar is broken on the user's experience:

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=129155

So, can we add AOP and dependencies to jbossall-client.jar. Or
better.... can't we just deliver an empty jar referencing the other jars
required on the client?

I tried to do that also on the EAP 4.3, but production guys told me that
the CLASSPATH metainf thing is being deprecated, so we were stuck with
the old way of doing it. Maybe we need to just add those class there,
or.. is there any way to do it?

I have also created a Dev forum at JBoss Messaging Developer's:

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=129288

If nobody thinks there is an issue, I will just fix that adding the AOP
dependencies into jbossall-client.jar, for next JBoss 5 and EAP 4.3
releases.

Clebert