[jboss-dev] AS5 Beta4 has been tagged

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 18:05:45 EST 2008

...and will soon be released by Rajesh.

https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/tags/JBoss_5_0_0_Beta4/

Trunk is unfrozen again for everyone that wants to commit work towards CR1. Remember that we
want to stabilize things, not break them.

There are 122 tasks to choose from, for a period of 6 weeks after JBW, so plenty of work there:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS

Please note a few things:

- Current (very aggressive) target for AS5 CR1 is Mar/31st. The only way to make it is to
*deal only the essential stuff*. Everything else, should be pushed to a future 5.1 release,
or be unscheduled. Be ruthless with re-scheduling.

- CR1 must be 100% at TCK, so that adds an extra flavor to the deal and a very big challenge
for the EJB3 team, as it makes up a big part of the remaining work.

- Thirdparty libs & component updates are expected around mid-March.

- The relatively idle week of JBW is ideal for coming up with a viable (step-by-step?)
solution to the AS mavenization issue. Follow the discussion here:
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4128013#4128013

We'll come up with a more detailed CR1 plan after JBW.

It has been a very productive quarter for AS5 (2 Betas in the last 3 months), so I would
like to congratulate everyone that worked on this nearly impossible mission and hope we keep
the momentum going while getting closer to the final release (or burn in hell :)

Lately, I saw some new names committing stuff and fixing testsuite failures in trunk, so
that was really great to see the help coming where we need it most.

Cheers
/Dimitris