[jboss-dev] AbstractTypeMetaData.preinstantiatedLookup() hides exception stacktrace

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 01:23:17 EST 2008

Ales Justin wrote:
> Don't blame your problems on the stack trace. :-)
>
> 1st one is obvious, and no stack trace would tell you more.

Actually not true.  It's a known (to Manik and I) issue that's already
been addressed for JBC 2.1.0.CR4. But unless you know what
"preinstantiated lookup" means in the log message, the fact that the
problem occurs when the MC calls the getter method for a property before
calling the setter to inject what's been configured, it's not at all
clear why the problem occurred. Calling the getter before the setter
triggered an unintended code path; that's been fixed. That the MC would
make such a call is not intuitively obvious.

I can see not wanting to log the stack trace at WARN. Perhaps at DEBUG.

> The 2nd needs a bit more, probably 3sec of a look at xml. ;-)

I'll let you know after I figure it out. May be fast since I now know