[jboss-dev] AOP and dependencies on jbossall-client.jar

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 08:58:50 EST 2008

This makes building with maven hard.  Right now, a test client all it
has to do is archive jbossall-client.jar.  Now a user has to figure out
the entire dependency graph or archinve 20 different jars.

BTW, I don't see how including non-lgpl jars breaks any license
agreement.  This approach of separating individually licensed jars also
has an effect on the embedded project.  We want only one monster jar in
that case as it makes testing and configuration much easier.

Scott M Stark wrote:
> Its beyond that. We said we could not put non-lgpl content into this, so
> features like logging need other jars. It also complicates patching. The
> best alternative would be to have Class-Path only jar(s) to replace it.
>
> Adrian Brock wrote:
>> On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 13:18 -0800, Scott M Stark wrote:
>>> My vote is that jbossall-client.jar is just dropped. Its just duplicate
>>> bloat that is wrong depending on what features your using.
>> It's wrong because we don't test against it.
>>
>> If we fixed the testsuite to only jbossall-client.jar in the classpath
>> then we'd quickly spot when it wasn't up-to-date.

Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat
http://bill.burkecentral.com