[jboss-dev] Flush failed is back in jgroups

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue Mar 18 18:18:28 EDT 2008

Adrian: Is multicast working on your loopback interface?  The problems
are symptoms of the channel not receiving back its own messages.

I'm going to change the AS's JGroups configs to loopback their own
messages to themselves rather than relying on getting them back from the
network.  http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-5323  That will make
this strange behavior go away (although the node of course will not be
able to communicate with other nodes).

Clebert: the NPE here is because with multicast not working, the
MuxChannel is not connecting correctly. So you don't get the view. It's
basically a broken channel; IMO connect() should not have returned
properly but rather a ChannelException should have been thrown. This is
an example of why we want to move away from the multiplexer and toward
shared transport channels. The code that prevented the view being
received is part of the multiplexer layer that will no longer be used in
the AS.