[jboss-dev] hibernate 3.3.0 upgrade, slf4j introduction into jbossas

Scott Stark sstark at redhat.com
Sun May 4 15:42:47 EDT 2008

All that I can recall as a reasonable compromise was to simply move to
the jdk logging with the replacement logging handlers based on the log4j
type of appenders I ported over when previously looking at this problem.
Trustin has since introduced log2log, we could always use jboss retro to
map framework X onto the jbossas core, but that does not cover the
framwork X configuration files.

How I can see the mc and jbossas deployment framework fitting in is by
rewriting the logging system X config files onto the current jbossas
implementation if that is desired. The problem always is whether the
logging in question is part of a user application, or a jbossas
framework. In reality I only see jdk logging for the server frameworks
and other frameworks wanting to integrate with the server logs having a
jdk logger option, or an adaptor.

What are the log2log issues showing up?