[jboss-dev] hibernate 3.3.0 upgrade, slf4j introduction into jbossas

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Mon May 5 14:12:29 EDT 2008

Weird that you have to modify some class, StaticLoggerBinder.

What you could do is just add a System property which would take a list
of possible new impls, and the check if they exist on the classpath via
reflection, taking the first one existing.

> I'm more than willing to take a look at what it might take to bridge
> slf4j and jboss-logging.

Reading that link looks like it shouldn't be hard.

And we can put this as new jboss-logging-slf4j module; making it both ways:
  - slf4j --> slf4j-jboss-logging
  - jboss-logging-spi --> jboss-logging-slf4j