[jboss-dev] Re: Update to maven-compiler-plugin

Paul Gier pgier at redhat.com
Tue May 6 10:10:33 EDT 2008

You can try removing the metadata in the repository.  I've seen similar problems
to this when we have our own versions of plugins that are in the central
repository.  Maven could be having a problem because when it finds the metadata
in our repo it thinks that is the valid metadata for that artifact so it doesn't
look at the central repository metadata for the same artifact.

I'd like to split the repository into a few different parts, that I think could
help with problems like this.

[1] http://repository.jboss.org/maven2

This is where we should deploy jboss projects that we have developed.

[2] http://repository.jboss.org/maven2_thirdparty

This is where we could deploy artifacts that are not controlled by us.  So this
could be copies and/or forks of projects that we depend on.

[3] http://repository.jboss.org/maven2_legacy

This is where we put old artifacts that were named incorrectly and are not
needed in any current builds, but still need to be kept for historical builds.

I think dividing up the repositories like this will help to keep [1] a lot
cleaner for those who only want to use that one.  It should also help with
debugging problems that have to do with one or more of the repositories.