[jboss-dev] VFS 2.0.0.CR1

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Thu May 22 14:30:26 EDT 2008

For AS5 CR1 we need jboss-vfs 2.0.0.CR1 (currently at Beta11):
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-5276

For this release we need to resolve:

1)The Windows file locking problem
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4310

2) redeployment issues
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4220 - Hot deployment of jars does not always work
related to
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBVFS-7 - JarEntryHandler entryMap is not being refreshed
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBVFS-2 - VFS caches old jar files

There 2 more issues marked as critical:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBVFS-11 - Validation of paths on case insensative file
systems
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBVFS-26 - optimization (nice to have)

We need to go again through the 13 issue list for VFS 2.0.0.CR1 to leave what can be
realistically implemented until the end of May, and push everything else to a future release.

Anyone interested in the relative priority of VFS issues, speak up.
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBVFS

There is also the question what we should do with Marko's alternative implementation:
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4147669#4147669

In my view, unless it is a complete replacement of the existing implementation that we can
test ASAP, we can't rely on it at this point.

Cheers
/Dimitris