[jboss-dev] org.jboss:javassist or javassist:javassist

Carlo de Wolf cdewolf at redhat.com
Tue May 27 11:42:16 EDT 2008

Some time ago Max Andersen pointed out enforcer plugin. While it is not
the optimum solution it does the job of preventing an unstable
configuration to persist.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-enforcer-plugin/rules/bannedDependencies.html

Note that the configuration example as shown on that page didn't work
for me. I had to specify the configuration outside the executions
element and for good measure I removed the groupId.

I'm still hacking away on ejb3-core, so there's nothing in svn to see yet.

So currently I have on the ban:
- org.jboss:javassist
   should be javassist:javassist
- org.jboss:jboss-metadata
   has become org.jboss.metadata:jboss-metadata
- org.jboss.microcontainer:jboss-container
   has split up in more fine-grained components

Carlo