[jboss-dev] module updates in AS trunk

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu May 29 10:26:57 EDT 2008

Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
> FYI, some recent upgrades in AS trunk:
>
> jboss-remoting to 2.4.0.GA
> jboss-aop to 2.0.0.CR10
>
> hibernate to 3.3.0.CR1
> hibernate-commons-annotations to 3.1.0.CR1
> hibernate-annotations to 3.4.0.CR1
> hibernate-entity-manager to 3.4.0.CR1
> hibernate-validator to 3.1.0.CR1

Excellent. :)

> hibernate-core and hibernate-jmx are now included with the server libs.
>
> (note old name: hibernate.jar, new name: hibernate-core.jar. I changed
> the tck config accordingly)
>
> If additional hibernate modules are needed, they would need to be added.

I'll do the work to bring in the hibernate-cache-jbosscache2 and replace
the old EJB3 TreeCacheProviderHook stuff next week.

> Things we are missing:
> http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-5121
>
> jboss-vfs 2.0.0.CR1
>
> jboss-integration 5.0.0.CR1
>
> jboss-managed 2.0.0.CR1
>
> jboss-metadata 2.0.0.CR1
>
> jboss-microcontainer & friends 2.0.0.CR1
>
> jgroups 2.6.3 that contains bug fixes

That's coming along fine.

> I guess, the following won't make it for AS5 CR1, since they depend on
> other components reaching GA
> pojo-cache 2.2.0.GA

Yes, that won't happen by next Friday.

> jboss-ha-client 1.1.0.GA
> jboss-ha-servera-api 1.1.0.GA

The only thing stopping me doing a GA of these is a (trivial) dependency
on jboss-remoting-aspects 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT; any reason that can't go GA?