[jboss-dev] Maven Dependency Resolution Different in 2.0.8 and 2.0.9

Carlo de Wolf cdewolf at redhat.com
Fri May 30 06:12:16 EDT 2008

You're mixing two issues here.

1. Maven *is* opinionated software. Just take a look at a pom and ask
yourself: how is it going to build that? Maven must come up with
something and thus it's opinionated. The problem here is that a lot of
the time I don't agree with what it comes up with.
2. Deterministic vs non-deterministic behavior. If Maven 2.0.8 really
uses a HashSet for its dependencies instead of a LinkedHashSet than it
shows non-deterministic behavior. That's just plain unacceptable and
supersedes regression.

Carlo