[jboss-dev] jboss_5_0.xsd and EJB2 container elements

Alexey Loubyansky alexey.loubyansky at redhat.com
Mon Nov 3 09:58:18 EST 2008

We've discussed this previously with Carlo but I would like to bring
this up once again before the GA.

jboss_5_0.xsd currently doesn't contain all the legacy EJB2 container
configuration elements, such as container-configurations,
invoker-proxy-bindings, entity. (The EJB2 deployment descriptors should
reference jboss_5_0.dtd instead)

On the other hand, bean types (session-beanType,
message-driven-beanType, etc) still declare some elements that are
legacy from EJB2 container (e.g. configuration-name, invoker-bindings,
security-proxy, etc).

This is kind of messy. If we want to clean this up then we should have
different types for EJB2 and EJB3 beans in metadata (e.g. just extend
the current bean types and bind them differently based on the EJB version).

Alexey