[jboss-dev] new shared JBOSS_HOME/server/lib directory

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 08:20:02 EST 2008

I think we currently need a simple out-of-the-box solution,
just something that won't bloat our distro too much.
Scott's/Dimitris's shared dir does just that.

What you're suggesting Sacha is something OBR (OSGi Bundle Repository)
already does.
.lnk is actually 'equivalent' to a requirement in OSGi import
or our ClassLoadingMetaData's module requirement.
Then it's just a matter of how we implement this requirement/jar pulling .
e.g. where do we put this dependency jars, how much pulling we allow, etc.

Sacha Labourey wrote:
> Another option would be to have a "*.lnk" 	(or whatever *.alias)
> extension which would just contains a URL to the new target (absolute or
> relative). That way we get the best of both world.
>
> i.e. default/lib/ would contain things such as:
> 	avalon-framework.jar.lnk
> 	hibernate-jbosscache2.jar.lnk
> 	jacorb.jar.lnk
> 	jbosscache-core.jar-lnk
> 	jbosscache-pojo.jar.lnk
> 	jgroups.jar.lnk
>
> and this new referral deployer would simply dynamically add to the
> deployment list the target JAR minus the ".lnk" extension.
>
> Thoughts?

>>> hibernate-jbosscache2.jar
>>> jacorb.jar
>>> jbosscache-core.jar