[jboss-dev] build script for the repository

Frank Liu gfrankliu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 10:05:14 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 11:29 PM, Scott Stark <sstark at redhat.com> wrote:
> No, the old jboss repository is just the binaries that were uploaded to it.

There must be scripts/tools used to build those binaries. I was hoping
to find those so that I can build the binaries myself.

> You would have to go to the project source for the binary to rebuild it.
> Find the jboss web version from the repository component-info.xml and then
> get its source from:
> http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossweb/tags/

I actually did that for jbossweb, but it didn't work.
jboss-4.2.3.GA-src/thirdparty/jboss/web/component-info.xml says
version "2.0.1.GA", so I grabbed
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossweb/tags/JBOSSWEB_2_0_1_GA/ and
built it.
when I compared the resulting binary to repository (or the jboss 4.2.3
source tarball), I found
1) my jbossweb.jar has far more .class files.
2) my jbossweb-src.zip has newer code than
jboss-4.2.3.GA-src/thirdparty/jboss/web/lib/jbossweb-src.zip (or
http://repository.jboss.com/jboss/web/2.0.1.GA/lib/jbossweb-src.zip )

This means the jbossweb.jar in jboss 4.2.3 was not built from the tag
JBOSSWEB_2_0_1_GA.

Frank