[jboss-dev] new shared JBOSS_HOME/server/lib directory

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Tue Nov 4 10:32:12 EST 2008

Voting is irrelevant.
Reasoned arguments are what counts in software design.

e.g. It only takes one person to give one example that
shows that something is fundamentally flawed
despite everybody else voting for it. :-)

For example, the problem with your "everything in server/lib"
would be that it is very difficult for somebody to have
different jboss configurations in the same installation
for developing different versions of their applications.
i.e. where the shared jars need to change version

I agree with it for our jars since there's no reason
for two different versions of the shared jboss jars
in the same jboss installation.

Versioning is something that the "OBR" solution would cover
when it is completed and would remove my criticism.