[jboss-dev] web profile in jboss5?

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Tue Nov 11 07:10:34 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 13:23 +0100, Ales Justin wrote:
> Instead of excluding all of our deploy/ deployments,
> which of them should actually be scanned for annotations?

A better approach would be to have jboss deployment
descriptor (an attachment) that specifies which parts of the
deployment (classpath) you scan.

For javaee deployments this would be populated from the
relevant dds, i.e. ejb-jar.xml and web.xml
according the rules from the spec.

For anything else, we ignore scanning unless this
deployment descriptor says to do it.
i.e. sar files won't be scanned unless you say
to do so by adding the new dds.