[jboss-dev] JBAS-5535 - Modularisation of bootstrap and ServiceController's DeploymentException

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Wed Nov 19 10:20:56 EST 2008

Dimitris's changes reminded me that I still
had to fix the classloading config for the bootstrap.

So this is now done (well almost ;-)
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-5535

I've now done this and checked a few of the configurations
(including the tests-profileservice).

There's one FIXME left which is that the ServiceController
and related classes depend on the DeploymentException
which kind of introduces a circular dependency
when it comes to exposing the deployers through JMX.

So I've put the deployer-core-spi in the jmx classloader
to resolve this.

Somebody already broke the backwards compatibility
of this api (despite me spending a lot of time making sure
this wasn't the case) by changing it to throw the new
DeploymentException instead of the old one.
http://viewvc.jboss.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/jbossas?view=rev&revision=76829
I'm tempted to just change the api to throw Exception :-)

The reason it breaks backwards compatibility is that any user code
that does:

try
{
   serviceController.install(...);
}
catch (old.DeploymentException e)
{
}

will now end up leaking an UndeclaredThrowableException
and also the code won't compile anymore.
--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock