[jboss-dev] New Break the Build Policy - testsuite - discussion

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Wed Oct 1 11:50:11 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 11:01 -0500, David M. Lloyd wrote:
> On 10/01/2008 10:32 AM, Kabir Khan wrote:
> >
> > Or alternatively create the branch somewhere else than under the
> > branches/ folder, e.g.
> > https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/brokenbuilds/whatever
>
> Where the branches will accumulate forever, because nobody has the courage
> to delete old ones when the original breaker forgets.  Besides, you'd just
> end up naming them by revision number anyway.

I don't see what difference it makes. If you need somebody to work
on something you send them a link like the one above.

SVN keeps the information regardless of whether you can navigate
to it from the roots visible in the latest revision,
e.g. this is jboss in all it is "big ball of bud" early days
http://viewvc.jboss.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/jbossas/trunk/jboss/src/main/org/jboss/?pathrev=1000