[jboss-dev] Deployment chains

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Fri Oct 3 11:25:56 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 17:19 +0200, Ales Justin wrote:
> > 3) SEAM
> >
> > org.jboss.seam.integration.microcontainer.deployers.SeamWebUrlIntegrationDeployer
> > doesn't specify any output.
> > But I don't know where the source is for that?
> > My guess is that this should really be in Describe and specify an
> > output of ClassLoadingMetadata since that is where
> > classloading dependencies should be constructed.
>
> There are two ways of doing this.
> (1) [current usage] adding url/virtual file to VFSDeploymentUnit classpath
> (2) once we enable requirements/capabilities, you'll add the right
> requirement
>
> So my question is, should (1) really output CLMD, since it doesn't do
> anything wrt it.

But it will in the future. And other deployers use the CLMD as
input/output to be a proxy for modifying/processing
DeploymentUnit::classpath anyway. It kind of keeps things simple
having one attachment to control the classloader processing order.

e.g. the classpath deployer removes duplicates
and aggregates classpath elements based on the CLMDs of the
(sub-)deployments.
You definitely wnat to run before that happens since its output
(and not the individual classpaths) is what actually
gets used to create the classloaders.