PersistenceDeployer WAS Re: [jboss-dev] Deployment chains

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Fri Oct 3 13:28:40 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 16:42 +0200, Adrian Brock wrote:
> 5+) There could be others. Like I said this is just a quick scan.

5) JPA Deployer

The PersistenceDeployer needs to specify that its output is
PersistenceUnitMetaData.

That is unless we change or extend the DeploymentVisitor
interface to let it specify an optional output and do it automatically
in setDeploymentVisitor().

But more importantly...

I don't understand why this isn't setting the ComponentVisitor
which would do that without you having to think about it?

It is commented out, so some problem must have been encountered?

   public PersistenceDeployer()
   {
      //setComponentVisitor(new PersistenceUnitDeploymentVisitor());
      setDeploymentVisitor(new PersistenceDeploymentVisitor());
   }

Instead there is a class in the jpa project called
AbstractDeploymentVisitor which looks like it should be
in the deployer project and really called
AbstractComponentVisitor?

Finally, shouldn't there be a way for somebody to create
a PersistenceUnitDeployment that doesn't come from
a PersistenceDeployment?
i.e. like you can create a ServiceMetaData or BeanMetaData
from any other deployer.

Currently this can only be done if you wrap it in a
PersistenceDeployment which looks incredibly ugly to me
and certainly isn't compatible with the Profile Service
persisting overrides to it somewhere.
--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock