[jboss-dev] obtain server connection vs jboss-logging

Aleksandar Kostadinov akostadi at redhat.com
Wed Oct 8 10:00:34 EDT 2008

Adrian Brock wrote, On 10/08/2008 02:51 PM (EEST):
> On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 14:22 +0300, Aleksandar Kostadinov wrote:
>> Hallo,
>>
>> Hope I use the right list.
>
> Not really unless this turns out to be a jboss development problem
> instead of your mistake.

Yep, that's right.

<...>
> FIXES:
>
> * Remove jboss-logging-log4j.jar from the classpath
> which will then use the "NullLogger"

That seems more like a workaround rather than fix. But I actually have
log4j *somehow* in my classpath.

See, I have the server:stop task defined in ant with classpath including
all files in "client" directory. It contains log4j.jar. To get a server
connection, I have to put the classloader created by ant as the thread's
  context classloader. To me it seems that log4j classes are not
requested from the thread's context classloader. And I think these should.

Anyways, I'll try to exclude jboss-logging-log4j.jar from the classpath
and see what happens. It will be rather ugly in testsuite/build.xml though.

> * add log4j.jar to the classpath

Adding log4j.jar as an additional dependency is not desirable as long as
I'm not logging anything anyways. I mean in the pom.xml of the project.
I'll leave it with the system property solution there. Though I wonder
whether jboss-logging-log4j.jar should be a dependency of
jmx-invoker-adaptor-client and jboss-as-server-client...

Thanks much for the answer,
Aleksandar