[jboss-dev] obtain server connection vs jboss-logging

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 10:58:46 EDT 2008

Aleksandar Kostadinov wrote:

>> Adrian Brock wrote, On 10/08/2008 02:51 PM (EEST):
>>> FIXES:
>>>
>>> * Remove jboss-logging-log4j.jar from the classpath
>>> which will then use the "NullLogger"
>
> I removed that but still see the same issue. I eventually removed the
> jar itself and excluded jbossall-client.jar. To check I'm really not
> having it somewhere
>
> Thread.currentThread().setContextClassLoader(this.getClass().getClassLoader());
>
> Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().loadClass("org.jboss.logging.log4j.Log4jLoggerPlugin");
>
> It throws
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.logging.log4j.Log4jLoggerPlugin
>

> My only guess is that it is searching for the jboss-logging-log4j.jar in
> some predefined locations and happens to find and load it under the
> hood. Anyways I filed https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBLOGGING-7
>
> Any help to workaround that issue will be appreciated!

Sigh. Did you even bother reading Adrian's reply? This is a list for
developers of jboss to talk about the development of jboss. It's not for
support. If you actually find a bug, and you want to talk about how
*you* plan to fix it, then this is the place to talk about it.
Otherwise, you are posting to the wrong place.

--
Jason T. Greene