[Instruct Hudson to do a separate build] Was: [jboss-dev] Help fix the testsuite or we rollback to r79434

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 10:09:38 EDT 2008

As this is really a pita, Kabir and me did a small brainstorming.
Emphasis on small. :-)

What about if we could introduce something like this to svn comment:
[FORCE-BUILD]; the rest of my commit comment ...

Where this would instruct Hudson to do a new separate build for this
commit. It should of course before do a possible another build for any
previous commits that weren't yet included in any of the builds.

All other small commits - where you're 110% certain that you don't break
anything - should be treated as before.

Note: this should not be over used / exploited.
Perhaps a policy here would be how to now exploit this. :-)