[jboss-dev] Help fix the testsuite or we rollback to r79434

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Mon Oct 20 10:01:42 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 14:46 +0100, Kabir Khan wrote:
> I wish this had been done before... Now more people, myself included,
> will have to waste time reapplying more stuff.

Yes, we definitely need to rollback earlier, we shouldn't
let things build up for more than a day.
If the testsuite is broken due to major refactoring,
we should fix it on a branch not trunk so that others can work.

On a practical point, I'd suggest you monitor hudson before
committing and delay your commit if the testsuite looks broken.

I've attached a list of all the changes that got rolled back.
I generated this list using the following script
run from the root from a jboss trunk checkout:

for ((i=79434; i<=79744; i+=1)); do svn log -r $i; done 2>&1 >
rollback.log

Maybe there is a more efficient way to achieve the same thing?