[jboss-dev] Help fix the testsuite or we rollback to r79434

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Mon Oct 20 10:13:59 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 09:14 -0400, Andrew Lee Rubinger wrote:
> Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
> > For every change you want to apply/re-apply you *must* make sure the
> > testsuite doesn't regress.
>
> What does this mean for our new policy?
>
> * Make a change
> * Run smoke-tests locally
> * Commit
> * Monitor CI runs and roll back your change if regression appears
>
> ?
>
> Surely running the whole TestSuite locally before commit isn't a prereq?

No, but your step (4) wasn't followed until 5 days later.
which is probably 4 days too late. ;-)

You also missed step 1.5 which is run all the tests
in the area where you are making a change before committing.

Or if you are making major server configuration changes,
run in the testsuite

./build.sh validate-server-configs

so you can validate the other test configurations don't break.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock