[jboss-dev] How this got in?

Paul Gier pgier at redhat.com
Wed Oct 22 09:49:07 EDT 2008

Unfortunately if maven sees a repository defined in one of a project's
dependencies it will add that repository to it's list of where it can
download from.
The only way that I know of to completely avoid this is with the mirror
settings in settings.xml
For example

    <mirror>
      <id>jboss-repository</id>
      <url>http://repository.jboss.org/maven2</url
<http://repository.jboss.org/maven2%3C/url>>
      <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
    </mirror>

That will tell maven to only use our repository.