[jboss-dev] Freeze date for AS5 GA.

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Fri Oct 24 04:49:43 EDT 2008

*Nov 21st* is the code free date for AS5 GA. No changes whatsoever after that date except
for QA tasks.

The deadline for component updates has already passed (Oct/20th) but our list is still big:
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-5597

Please provide the missing components by *Oct/31st*. For the few cases where development is
ongoing and dependencies exists the deadline can be extended by a week (Nov/7th).

Check the JBAS jira for tasks assigned to you / reported by you:
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12311444
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12311445

A good clean up of the JBAS JIRA is pending to finalize the Critical and Blocker tasks that
will make it for the final release. It's possible we are missing some tasks so please take a
look in your area and try to make sure our JIRA is up-to-date.

Take particular care of our testsuites for resolving the few regressions we have and making
sure we don't introduce new ones.
http://hudson.qa.jboss.com/hudson/view/JBoss%20AS/

The time for new features and major refactorings has passed. At this point we should be
fixing and polishing our stuff, and make a final push to provide the few bits we are missing.

For any issues, contact me asap.

Thanks
/Dimitris