[jboss-dev] JBoss_5_0.xsd is wrong

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Tue Oct 28 06:38:34 EDT 2008

As part of a test of this
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-6013

I've created a test that uses the jboss_5_0.xsd
for an MDB.

The test works but the
org.jboss.test.xml.DDValidatorUnitTestCase
is saying my jboss.xml is invalid

The reason is that the xsd says I can't have
an <activation-config/> in jboss.xml

This is obviously wrong since it works
and JBossMessageDrivenMetaData has such an element.

In fact, there are many things you can now have
in jboss.xml (virtually anything from ejb-jar.xml)
that are not listed in this schema.

I'm going to commit this and leave it to somebody
working on the metadata project to fix the schema
and therefore the test.

Using this class
http://viewvc.jboss.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/common/jbossxb/trunk/src/test/java/org/jboss/test/xb/builder/SchemaPrinter.java?revision=2555&view=markup
with the SchemaBinding created by the schema builder
will help in seeing the difference in the actual
versus the documented schema.

Under the new rules, I should be allowed to
break the testsuite if it shows something is broken.
--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock