[jboss-dev] AS is hanging at startup

Andrew Dinn adinn at redhat.com
Wed Sep 3 10:31:36 EDT 2008

Sacha Labourey wrote:
> 30 seconds:

> 15:09:27,671 INFO  [JMXKernel] Legacy JMX core initialized
> 15:09:31,406 INFO  [MetaDataAwareProfile] Using profile
> root:C:\SVN_HOME\trunk\b
> uild\output\jboss-5.0.0.CR2\server\web-profile
> 15:10:02,062 INFO  [TransactionManagerService] JBossTS Transaction Service
> (JTA
> version) - JBoss Inc.
> 15:10:02,062 INFO  [TransactionManagerService] Setting up property manager
> MBean
>  and JMX layer
>
> Any idea why? I am connected to the Internet.

Hmm, the JBossTS startup code logs that message as info in
TransactionManagerService.create(). It should go on to log subsequent
messages about the recovery manager startup and about binding the JNDI
reference for TransactonManager. If you did not see them then perhaps
the TX startup got wedged?

Can you check if your log included messages saying

     Initializing recovery manager
     Recovery manager configured

and

     Binding TransactionManager JNDI Reference

If not then the TX service startup may be stalled.

regards,

Andrew Dinn