[jboss-dev] Looking for ideas about possible improvements for a new APIviz release.

Trustin Lee tlee at redhat.com
Thu Apr 2 01:45:04 EDT 2009

(Sorry for the wide distribution but APIviz doesn't have an active
mailing list yet.)

Hi,

I'm trying to improve APIviz ( http://code.google.com/p/apiviz/ ) in
visualizing the overall API structure so that a user can figure out
the overall relationship between classes and find a good place to dig
from.  It seems to do what it is supposed to do pretty well IMHO.
Here's an example Javadoc that used APIviz:

  * http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/netty/freezone/api/3.0/index.html

However, I believe there are a lot of room for improvement, especially
when it comes down to more complicated and large-scale project like
JBoss Messaging, Hibernate, JBossAS, etc.  For example, obviously, the
package dependency diagram doesn't help understanding the overall
relationship between packages because the generated diagram is too
large and scattered.

So, let's assume that you are going to use APIviz for your project to
visualize the relationship between classes (or packages).  What would
you expect from it other than existing features?

— Trustin Lee, http://gleamynode.net/

PS: I'm still waiting for a new CMS lands down so that I can migrate
the page in Google Code.  Please note that the source code is already
hosted in our SVN repository.