[jboss-dev] JBoss Bootstrap, Embedded & Reloaded

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Tue Apr 7 04:01:27 EDT 2009

On 06-04-2009 16:00, Bill Burke wrote:

> Carlo de Wolf wrote:
>> I think we can say that the entire scope of JBoss Embedded is too
>> large to handle right now.
>
> To put it bluntly:  This is a bunch of crap.  Either do it right or
> don't do it at all.  There's no point doing it at all if you're not
> going to solve user's needs.  You'll just be wasting engineering
> resources.
fyi, those who were on the call got the full story and what can be done
now will mimic what is possible with the old JBoss Embedded which are
used by Seam today.
Meaning if we don't add this "launcher" feature to AS5 we won't have
*anything* to provide to the Seam users on AS 5.

So there definitely is value in this.

Could more be done - sure!, but not doing at least this would be stupid.

btw. any sign of a resume of the call we had about this ? i.e. we still
need to weave out the bundling of this ?

/max