[jboss-dev] JBoss Bootstrap, Embedded & Reloaded

Carlo de Wolf cdewolf at redhat.com
Tue Apr 7 06:08:00 EDT 2009

Emmanuel Bernard wrote:

> On Apr 7, 2009, at 10:01, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

>>> To put it bluntly: This is a bunch of crap. Either do it right or
>>> don't do it at all. There's no point doing it at all if you're not
>>> going to solve user's needs. You'll just be wasting engineering
>>> resources.
>> fyi, those who were on the call got the full story and what can be
>> done now will mimic what is possible with the old JBoss Embedded
>> which are used by Seam today.
>
> And those who could not be on the call got nothing.
>
> Nothing in forum searches for "JBoss Bootstrap"
> Nothing on Design of POJO server
> http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewforum&f=208
> Nothing on Defign of POJO MicroContainer
> http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewforum&f=204
> Nothing on Microcontainer
> http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewforum&f=228
> Nothing on Embedded JBoss
> http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewforum&f=265
> Nothing on Design of Embedded JBoss
> http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewforum&f=266
> Nothing on Design of JBoss Deployment Framework
> http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewforum&f=154
>
> The only bits available is
> http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-13453 which describes already
> made decisions.
The documents describes made decisions, but as long as Reloaded is not
1.0.0 it's a draft, not set in stone. The purpose is to serve as input
for future discussions. It does however function as a resultant of
previous discussions.
> (took me an hour to not find anything)
>
> But nowhere is there a discussion on what Embedded should do and
> should look like from a user point of view.
There is (and have been) lots of stuff on what Embedded should be (and
is) http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/EmbeddedJBoss .
Bill even sums it up in this thread. But we're opening the floor to see
if the scope is still valid (I think it is).

More importantly we're trying to ascertain what we can bring to the EAP
5 table. This play will start in about 2 weeks. So with this limited
amount of time we want to get as far as possible.

Carlo