[jboss-dev] Excessive Logging in AS 5

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue Apr 7 16:07:01 EDT 2009

FYI, changes discussed below are done on Branch_5_x. By default logging
is now limited to INFO. To get finer logging of a particularly category,
add the category to jboss-log4j.xml with the desire level. To change the
overall default, set the jboss.server.log.threshold system property at
startup, e.g.

./run.sh -Djboss.server.log.threshold=DEBUG.

The jboss-server-manager library that launches AS instances in the
testsuite sets that property automatically, so server.log files in
testsuite runs will remain at DEBUG. (Thanks, Shelly.)

AS trunk still logs at DEBUG by default; I'll advise when that has been
changed.