[jboss-dev] Re: [jbosstools-dev] JSR-77 Summary

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Apr 8 06:29:00 EDT 2009

>> Is JSR-77 supported ? Will it be in EAP 5 ?
>> JSR-288 had similar issues earlier - are they fixed ? will they be
>> fixed ?
>
> JSR-77 is required for EE, but it is very out of date, and will likely
> get killed in a future release. JSR-88 is already scheduled for
> removal in EE7.
So we should not even consider using it for remote access ?

>> What are the alternatives, if any ?
>
> If you guys need advanced management functionality, it sounds like the
> Profile Service is going to be what you need.
Sure, but profile service is not available to us remotely.

Btw. I don't consider any of the things we want to do very advanced - we
don't want to be another JON.

Something basic and simple as i.e. Tomcat Management API would be enough
for us afaics.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/manager-howto.html

It provides a simple http api to list, start/stop/undeploy
applications/resources (both local and remote resources)

btw. this is not just for *us* this is for the greater good of AS :)

/max