[jboss-dev] JBoss AS Top10

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Wed Apr 8 09:34:31 EDT 2009

Makes sense, I suppose.  But if we do this, it really should tie in to both
our notion of modules and our maven repository.  And since we really have
no notion of the former yet, I'd say that should be the first step -
modularizing the AS runtime, explicitly defining imports/exports etc.

Once that's done, the packaged modules could/should be put into maven as
separate artifacts.  So instead of, say, including "trove.jar" (to use a
random example), we'd have a module (under e.g. org.jboss.modules.6_0 or
something; each AS minor rev would probably get its own groupId) for trove
that includes trove.jar (via maven dep) plus the jboss-classloading.xml and
any other relevant descriptors.  This would be the thing that we then
include.  This way, random updates of packages from, say, maven central
won't hork up the AS.

However, this whole issue unfortunately didn't even make the top 10 - it's
#4 (and possibly #3) on the "other crap" list.

- DML