[jboss-dev] VFS Temp Reuse (JBAS-6715)

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 17:24:03 EDT 2009

> 1. ProfileService calls VFS.getRoot() on the ear
> 2. The VirtualFile is passed to MainDeployer.addDeployment
> 3. Structure scanning is performed, which holds on to the roots.

Only client side top root is kept,
all other (sub)roots are cleaned up at undeploy,
and new DeploymentContext (+ roots) are created an (re)deploy.

> 4. MainDeployer.process()
> 5. Undeploy is performed which invalidates the EAR ZEC
> 6. Deploy is performed which *reuses* the root in 2, so everything using
> the VDF gets the old ZEC

Only top root should get reused - the client side,
all other should be re-created.

> 7. VFSRegistry.getFile is called by the JSR77 deployment code
> (J2EEDeployment)

I need to check this.

> 8. Since the EAR was undeployed a *new* EAR ZEC is created

That's expected.

It's parent context was reset,
hence new contexts should be created for nested zips.
But they shouldn't reuse any temp info,
either is shouldn't exist --> cleanup by undeploy,
if we somehow missed that, it shouldn't be valid.