[jboss-dev] EJB3 DevForum: Resource adapter file name hard coded into ejb3/MessagingContainer

Clebert Suconic csuconic at redhat.com
Wed Apr 22 18:48:18 EDT 2009

I had a problem with Copy&paste on this message right before pressing
send.. sending it again (sorry for the dup):

I would rather use the forums for this... But I will use this list since
it is down.

Why the resource adapter is hard coded on
org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MessagingContainer?

For instance i was going to rename it for JBM2, since we have our own
provider now, but i couldn't as there is this hard-coded instance. What
if the user was using another JMS provider besides JBM, JBM2 or JBossMQ?

It seems that this was supposed to be used around creating non existent
when deploying MDBs, but as far as I remember that feature was Brocked
long ago, so this code could probably be removed?

I couldn't understand Adrian's reasons back then, but it seems
impossible to do it generically. If we want such thing we could
implement it on the ResourceAdapter, but I think it would be just better
to let the user aways deploy its destinations.

There are other references in two other xmls:

/jboss-5.1.0.CR1/server/default/deployers/ejb-deployer-jboss-beans.xml:

   <!-- Destination creator for JBoss Messaging -->
   <bean name="JBossMessageDestinationCreator"
class="org.jboss.ejb.deployers.CreateDestination">
      <!-- We match any jms mdb that is going to be deployed using our
rar -->
      <property name="matcher">
         <bean
class="org.jboss.ejb.deployers.SimpleCreateDestinationMatcher">
            <property name="default">true</property>
            <property
name="messageListener">javax.jms.MessageListener</property>
            <property name="rarName">jms-ra.rar</property>
         </bean>
      </property>
      <!-- Create a destination with JBoss Messaging -->
      <property name="factory">
         <bean
class="org.jboss.jms.server.destination.JBossMessagingCreateDestinationFactory">
            <property
name="serverPeerName">jboss.messaging:service=ServerPeer</property>
            <property
name="postOfficeName">jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice</property>
         </bean>
      </property>
   </bean>

jboss-5.1.0.CR1/server/default/deployers/metadata-deployer-jboss-beans.xml:

 <bean name="JBossCustomDeployDUFilter"
class="org.jboss.deployers.vfs.spi.structure.helpers.VirtualFileDeploymentUnitFilter">
    <constructor>
      <parameter>
        <bean class="org.jboss.deployment.FileNameVirtualFileFilter">
          <constructor>

                <entry>
                  <key>jms-ra.rar</key>
                </entry>