[jboss-dev] embedded jopr console in which configs?

Jesper Pedersen jpederse at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 08:46:57 EDT 2009

On Friday 24 April 2009 08:21:28 Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
> As it is now it's in 'standard', 'default', 'all'.
>
> I'd thought we would only include it in 'default' and 'all' ?

Why 'all' ? Can EMBJOPR handle any of the additional features in 'all' ? It
needs to be clearly documented what features EMBJOPR will provide, such that
users don't expect they can modify all deployment types and configuration
parameters.

If we are concerned with the download size of the distribution, why not split
into the following packages:

jboss-5.1.0.CR1-jdk6-full.zip  <- what we have today
jboss-5.1.0.CR1-jdk6-minimal.zip
jboss-5.1.0.CR1-jdk6-default.zip
jboss-5.1.0.CR1-jdk6-standard.zip
jboss-5.1.0.CR1-jdk6-all.zip
jboss-5.1.0.CR1-jdk5-full.zip  <- what we have today
jboss-5.1.0.CR1-jdk5-minimal.zip
jboss-5.1.0.CR1-jdk5-default.zip
jboss-5.1.0.CR1-jdk5-standard.zip
jboss-5.1.0.CR1-jdk5-all.zip
jboss-5.1.0.CR1-src.zip

(repeat for .tar.gz)

and see what people are actually interested in downloading ?

Just my $0.02

Best regards,
 Jesper