[jboss-dev] Project ByteMan

Robb Greathouse rgreatho at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 11:03:41 EDT 2009

We need a really cool logo for ByteMan

Robb Greathouse
JBoss
CELL   505-480-4639
OFFICE 505-255-2652
FAX    505-554-2834

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Dinn" <adinn at redhat.com>
To: "JBoss.org development list" <jboss-development at lists.jboss.org>
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 4:12:44 AM GMT -06:00 Central America
Subject: [jboss-dev] Project ByteMan

Hi Foax,

After several false starts and concomitant rethinks legal have finally
agreed that I can use the name ByteMan (aka JBoss ByteMan) for the tool
formerly known as TOAST. The name abbreviates 'Byte Manipulation' rather
than identifying some nerdy superhero -- although I am still toying with
the idea of presenting at Jazoon in mask, tights and cape. Mark Newton
is currently in the process of setting up a ByteMan project with
repository, forum etc. In the meantime I would like to claim the package
space org.jboss.byteman for all code products associated with the
project. I believe this does not clash with any existing code. If you
know otherwise please inform me ASAP.

regards,

Andrew Dinn