[jboss-dev] Classloader changes from AS 4.2.2 to AS 4.2.3 affecting launch of Tool built Seam apps

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Mon Apr 27 06:32:57 EDT 2009

Hi,

I've been trying to get to the bottom of why Seam app's behaves
differently dependent on which AS 4.x version they run on.

But after trying to ping Pete, who relayed to Ales, who relayed to Scott
then i'm at a bit of a dead end (I assume Scott is too busy with AS 5.x )

Anyone got an idea why exploded deployment
<https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-4166> differs from a zipped
deployment ?
Why does it matter which letters we use in the deployment, i.e.
fseam.ear behaves different that seam.ear ?
Why does it work if all jars are in a /lib folder (JEE 5 style), but not
when using Manifest.mf (J2EE 1.4 style) ?

Any input on how we can solve this would be great. See details (with
example ear's, no need for installing tools to help)

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-4166

Thanks!
/max