[jboss-dev] Is there a reason the mvn version cannot include 2.2.1?

Scott Stark sstark at redhat.com
Fri Dec 4 00:36:47 EST 2009

I'm using mvn 2.2.1, and when I try to build the embedded project its
failing with:

[WARNING] Rule 1: org.apache.maven.plugins.enforcer.RequireMavenVersion
failed with message:
Detected Maven Version: 2.2.1 is not in the allowed range [2.0.9,2.2.1).
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Some Enforcer rules have failed. Look above for specific messages
explaining why the rule failed.
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 8 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Dec 03 20:59:03 PST 2009
[INFO] Final Memory: 26M/80M
[INFO]

When I update the version range to allow 2.2.1 the build completes fine,
so is there a known problem wiht 2.2.1 or was this just locked down
prior to the release of that version?