[jboss-dev] M2 planning and timeline

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Fri Dec 11 17:02:48 EST 2009

Hi Guys,

Now that M1 is out lets talk about M2 and what can make the release. The
tentative release plan we have talked about is a integration freeze on
Feb 1, with an eventual freeze in late Feb. However, before we get more
absolute dates we really need to nail down on what we aim to deliver in
that time frame.

 From an EE perspective it seems the following are close enough that
they could make such a schedule:

Full Servlet 3
Full JPA 2
Some EJB 3.1 capabilities (but which ones?)

Other updates that have been proposed:
- Inclusion of Remoting 3 (but full service porting to occur later)
- Inclusion of HornetQ (need to understand more about the effort to migrate)

If your project is on the above list, let me know what your schedule is
like, and if it can fit the above timeline.

If your project update is not on the list, but would like to have it
included, and the above timeframe is workable, let me know.

Thanks!

--
Jason T. Greene