[jboss-dev] Remove unused components from trunk

Paul Ferraro paul.ferraro at redhat.com
Tue Dec 15 10:29:49 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-12-04 at 10:11 +0200, Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
> Together with the code review in JBAS-7500 regarding the 6.0.0.M1/trunk differences, I think
> it's a good time to remove any dead code, components rarely used, and other things that we
> want to remove from AS 6 going forward.
>
> https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-7508
>
> Things that come to my mind:
> - web-console
> - aop aspects???
> - misc varia stuff
> - jmx remoting impl (there is now the jdk one)
> - ... add your own

It was my impression that the use of
org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport was discouraged in AS5 in favor of
pojos w/JMX annotations.  Are there any plans to officially deprecate
ServiceMBeanSupport in AS6 to further encourage the migration of
existing mbeans (there are several dozen subclasses) to the more loosely
coupled pojo model?